A24 Rat & Stoat Trap Kit
The A24 Rat & Stoat Trap Kit is our entry level solution. It has everything you need to confidently and efficiently control rats, mice or stoats however there is no way to track your kills.
✓ Multi-kill system provides constant protection
✓ Effective and certified humane
✓ Toxin free and safe for pets
✕ No kill tracking
- 1x A24 Rat & Stoat Trap
- 2x CO₂ Gas Canisters
- 1x Automatic Lure Pump
- 3x Rodent Detector Cards
- 1x Trap mount with Screws
- 1x Info Card
- * Trap Stand not included
We deliver throughout New Zealand. Orders are sent from Wellington via Toll. Find delivery rates and timeframes here.
Do you need a trap stand?
You do! With a Trap Stand it's quicker to move your trap to different locations, making trapping around the home easier.
It’s also perfect for when you don’t have a tree, post or a wall space to attach the trap to - think gardens, ceilings, sheds or under your sink.
Plus, the tray makes it easy to dispose of dead pests without touching them.
Why do I need to select a flavour?
We now produce two lure flavours - Chocolate and Blood, because we understand that changing lures at regular intervals increases success, and you, our customers love being able to choose. All are equally effective at attracting rats and stoats.
Provides constant protection
At home outdoors
Built for remote areas
Unable to track kills
No software required
How it works
Our traps are a little different from others.
A24 Rat & Stoat Trap
The heart of this kit is the Goodnature® A24 Rat & Stoat Trap. This is the trap that changed the way rats, mice and stoats are controlled. Designed and made in New Zealand, this is smart trapping for smart people.
• It's a multi kill trap. The kill mechanism automatically re-sets itself after each kill so it's always active and available.
• Certified A-Class humane.
• Can be used indoors and outdoors.
• Tested under extremes in the lab, then again in the wild, by our team of experts.
• Easy to install.
1 x Automatic Lure Pump
The Goodnature® Automatic Lure Pump ensures your trap always has fresh lure available, increasing your trapping success.
It comes filled with our non-toxic, long-life lure so you're ready to go! There are two flavours for you to choose from, Chocolate or Blood.
• Once installed and activated, the lure pump automatically dispenses fresh long-life lure for up to six months.
• Contains 50g of toxin-free lure that is highly attractive to rats, mice and stoats.
• Totally toxin-free means safe to use around pets, wildlife and children, and there's no risk of secondary poisoning.
2x Gas Canisters
Goodnature® gas canisters power the A24 Trap enabling it to automatically reset, giving you constant control against rats and mice.
To maximise the life of your trap, we recommend using Goodnature gas canisters only.
• Delivers 24 strikes per canister
• 16g of CO₂ per canister
• Single use
• Made of recyclable steel
3x Rodent Detector Cards
Goodnature® Rodent Detector Cards help you find the best places to set your A24 Rat & Stoat Trap.
The cards contain our non-toxic chocolate lure. Rats, mice and stoats chew on the cards to get to the lure, showing you it's a location they feel safe to eat. This means it's a good place to install your trap.
• Help attract and familiarise rats, mice and stoats with the new food source in your trap.
• The lure is toxin-free so safe to use at home around pets and children.
• Cards are water resistant so can be used outdoors and indoors.
1x Trap mount
Each trap comes with a Trap Mount to secure your trap in place. Slide it off the body of the trap and screw in place 12 cm off the ground. Remember to install your trap where your Rodent Detector Cards showed you to!
• The Trap Mount can be easily screwed into trees and posts outdoors or timber framing indoors.
• If you're trapping outdoors and need to target multiple rodent hot spots, additional Trap Mounts can be purchased.
• Square drive screws included.
1x Quick Start Guide
Each kit comes with a printed Quick Start Guide to step you through how to set up your new trap, along with a few tips to help you the most out of your A24 Rat & Stoat Trap.
Now, we know that reading instructions isn't for everyone, but it really will help you get off on the right foot and solve your rat or mouse problem quicker.
• The first step is using the Rodent Detector Cards. This is step one for a reason! It will help you find the best location to put your trap.
• If you're looking for more support information, check out our Knowledge Base or get in touch.
The A24 Trap is super effective outdoors. Because it automatically resets and automatically dispenses fresh lure, the trap is always active. An always on trap gives you constant control against rats, mice and stoats that are present in your neighbourhoods.
Here are some simple steps you can take to ensure your property is a rodent free one:
• Find the best location for your trap with Rodent Detector Cards.
• Remove any competing food sources that rodents may be interested in.
• Pre-feed the area around your trap to encourage rodents to the lure inside your trap.
• Read more in this blog from Tom - someone who’s done it all before!
The A24 Trap is perfect for keeping rats and mice out of your home. It's automatic resetting and lure dispensing features means you can solve your rodent problem before you even know you've got one. This is particularly important in cooler months when rats and mice start to look for warmth in homes.
Here are a couple of tips for how to get rid of rats and mice indoors:
• First, it helps to think like a rat. The best place for a trap is where a rodent feels safe to eat, so choose a spot where they’re hidden from predators.
• Good places to put your trap are in your roof, the corner of your garage or basement, in a kitchen cupboard - nice sheltered locations.
• When rats or mice come calling, there’s never just one! It can be helpful to move your trap from time to time, to find all the rodent hot spots at your place. A Trap Stand makes this easier.
Pest management can be challenging on farms. There are plenty of competing food sources for pests like rats, mice and stoats, plus there's the need to consider the risk of secondary poisoning if you’re using baits as your control method.
The A24 Trap is used widely on farms in New Zealand to control rat infestations for two reasons.
It's ability to automatically reduce the time needed to maintain the trap to just a couple of times a year rather than every few days saves farmers a lot of time.
The risks posed by rat poisons are removed because the trap uses a non-toxic long-life lure. This is helpful if you're producing food or have working animals or pets on your farm.
Here are a couple of tips for how to get rid of rats and mice on farm:
• An important first step if you're trying to control rats, mice and stoats on your farm is to consider and, where possible, remove competing food sources.
• Then once you have an A24 installed, pre-feed the area around the trap with our lure pouch to get them familiar with the lure inside the trap.
The A24 Trap resets automatically
Powered by a CO₂ gas canister, this trap automatically resets itself after each strike. With a trap that is always active, ready to catch passing rodents, you get constant control against rats and mice. One gas canister enables the trap to kill 24 rats and mice before it needs replacing. Because let's be honest, you've got plenty of other things you'd rather be doing.
Non-toxic lure, slowly released, always fresh
Fresh lure is key to catching rats and mice, which is why we make an Automatic Lure Pump to do this for you. It comes filled with our toxin-free long-life lure, which is dispensed over six months, so no more re-baiting traps every few days. And because it's non-toxic there's no risk of secondary poisoning, so it's safe to use around pets and children.
The kindest answer to your rat problem
Because we believe that no creature should suffer, this trap is designed to kill rats and mice swiftly. It is certified A-Class humane by the National Animal Welfare Advisory Committee of New Zealand. And has been tested by the Animal and Plant Health Agency (APHA) in the UK and been added to their list of approved traps.
Scavenging is more common than you think
You might not always see any evidence of your kills as the dead pests that drop below the trap are scavenged quickly by other rats, cats or birds (depending on where your trap is located). If you want to be able to track the amount of times your trap has fired, consider going for the Counter Kit or our Bluetooth enabled Chirp kit.
Here are some common ones we get asked. Don't be shy... if there's something on your mind, get in touch!
Why is this the 'starter kit'?
This is the starter kit because it's our most basic solution. It has all the innovative features we're known for (automatic, humane, non toxic) but no way to track kills or give kill context.
We always recommend new customers start with the A24 Rat & Stoat Trap kit with Chirp as this is our latest and most powerful rodent solution.
Does it track kills?
No, this trap kit does not. If you'd like to track kills and understand what your trap has been up to then we recommend you look at our newest innovation - the A24 Rat & Stoat Trap with Chirp!
How does it work?
The name of our A24 Rat & Stoat trap represents the following: A for automatic and 24 because it can kill up to 24 rodents per gas canister.
The trap is designed to attract specific species through the use of a non-toxic lure and is dispensed by an automatic pump to keep it fresh for 6 months. Those species are rats, mice and stoats.
Rodents never reach the lure because as they pass the trigger, they release the gas-powered piston that hits them with great force on the head, killing swiftly.
The piston is spring-loaded, which means that when the animal falls to the ground, it retracts completely and the CO₂ chamber fills automatically, making the trap ready to kill again.
Dead animals are usually scavenged within 24 to 48 hours by cats, dogs or birds, and since they were killed without the use of toxins, it is a free organic lunch for others.
It is worth mentioning that the diameter of the tube and its internal design make it accessible only to some species. However, if you are concerned about local non-target species, just reach out for help.
Is it safe to use around pets and kids?
Our lure is non-toxic, so safe to use at home around pets. The lure we use to attract rats and mice in this kit is chocolate based, which isn’t an attractant to common pets like cats and dogs. They’re likely to be more interested in the rodents left under the trap! Although, given most pets are well fed, you may not see this either.
When setting up your trap, the recommended height from ground level is 12cm (about a hand width). As this is low to the ground, it’s easy for rats and mice to get into the trap and much more difficult for other animals to.
Another safety measure built into the design is the size of the trap entrance - big enough for rats and mice, and too small for adult cats and dogs.
What comes in this kit?
This kit has everything you need to get started.
1x A24 Rat & Stoat Trap
2x CO₂ Gas Canisters
1x Automatic Lure Pump (two flavours to choose from)
3x Rodent Detector Cards
1x Trap mount with Screws
1x Info Card
Every six months you will need to purchase another Automatic Lure Pump and CO₂ Gas Canister, at a cost of approximatley $19.00.
Check out our Knowledge Base